Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Salter Family


We are the Salter family from Henderson, Nevada. Sometimes things get a little nuts around here. We thought we'd share some of those nutty, but mostly fun times with you.
First off, Dave is the old man of the house. His claim to nuttiness: He likes a new hairdo before going to bed. However, this happens usually only on Sunday. Ali's the hairdresser and she does a fantastic job combing and geling and smooshing his hair in just the right fashion. She usually does 3 or 4 fab styles til Dave approves of the perfect one for the night.
Then there's Jenny, that's me and the mom here. Every year I get up early early, the day after Thanksgiving, with Mom and Sarah, and we look for the best deals in hopes that I can get my Christmas shopping done. This time I was nuttier than ever. Instead of going to all the other mad houses I thought
I was so smart and went to JoAnn's to get fleece. Ouch! I stood in line waiting to get my fleece cut with a bunch of other smarties -for 2 hours! I think I saved about $8.
Spencer, he's 12 and the handsomest deacon I ever saw. He's nutty because he wakes up freezing every morning. It couldn't be because he sleeps in just his underwear could it?
Alexi, a.k.a. Ali, is almost 10. She has a knack for tuning me out. For some reason, although I've told her numerous times, we'll go somewhere and hop out to find -oops! Ali forgot her shoes or didn't go to the bathroom (although everyone else did 10 minutes before) and she really really needs to -sadly there isn't a town for another 2 hours!. She luckily has many great redeeming qualities.
Samuel, a.k.a Sammy, is 2 and wants to be a dermatologist? Maybe that explains his fascination with moles. When he's tired or upset, if he can rub his fingers over the mole on my neck he's comforted. Sweet isn't it. Maybe a bit nutty, but adorable too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family.. I am soo lucky to know and love you. Your family is the perfect example for families all over the world. You can feel the love that you have for each other and each of your children.

I love you all.