Monday, February 9, 2009

The Weekend

Our weekend started off with a Loving Primary party that I was in charge of. I got to the church to see that the gym that I'd scheduled was looking very formal and lovely -for a wedding the next day. Yikes! The Primary kids would be coming in 30 minutes. It all worked out -we just fit everything into the Primary room which actually worked out great, but it stressed me out.

After a fun loving party, I dashed home to pack for our leadership Scout campout -Little Ponderosa at Warm Springs. Dave and I were both going so we were meeting Mom and Dad at the Glendale exit to hand over our sweet children. All week the weather has been around 70 degrees, but a storm was moving in. It got pretty cold that night and it rained on and off all night and the next day. The presenters were really great and we had a good time in spite of the cold and rain. Then we were off to meet Mom and Dad. When Spencer got out of their car, Mom said, "Good riddens!" She said she was just kidding, but he was really full of it and had a great time making Sam squeal (and stay awake) and pestering Ali. He was relentless. I felt really bad when Spencer got into our car with bad gas and Ali and Sam both had red noses from wiping their noses so much -a cold was coming on, and Sam decided to make a stinky mess in Mom and Dad's bathroom. So sorry! But thank you so much, they all had a fun time with you.

On the way home we talked to Spencer about his talk he was going to give in church the next day. It was his first youth talk and the topic was Faith. Spencer told us about a faith promoting experience he had with Grandpa Wells. Pretty much Grandma and Grandpa told him he needed a hair cut bad and Grandpa made an appointment for him. He told Spencer that his barber is really good so Spencer decided to have faith that all would go well and that he'd still leave with some hair -right now in his life his hair is very important to him so this really did show great faith on his part.

Spencer did a really great job on his talk Sunday. Towards the end he told about his experience with Grandpa. He said that when he went to sit down in the barber's chair, Grandpa said, "Just for the record, he's only lost one ear." There were lots of laughs which caught Spencer off guard -but he liked, but he forgot the rest of the story. He was able to compose himself and finish his talk well, and he looked so handsome in his nice new haircut -which he got lots of compliments on. Thanks Mom and Dad.

5 comments:

Kim said...

You really do have the sweetest kids! Congrats on a fabulous Primary party last Friday! What a busy weekend...

Kristine said...

Look at what Blog stalking will do? I found you have a blog. How fun. Now I can stalk you even more than I already do.

Sierra said...

Just so you know I went in there and gave a little more than a stink eye. Sometimes I have a hard time minding my own business! The kids had a good time! Thanks!

Christine said...

Okay, so that was me not Sierra...I forget to check to see when she is signed in instead of me!

Kristine said...

Hey Jenni, here is the link to our family blog.
http://www.lynnfamilyblog.com/